Ms. Ancheta has more than 10 years of tax, trusts and estates and financial institution experience.
She advises international private wealth clients in connection with personal US tax planning matters, including estate planning and structuring of US investments. She has experience advising foreign and domestic financial institutions regarding US tax compliance and with regard to US income and business taxation matters, with particular emphasis on international tax compliance and FATCA. Ms. Ancheta assists heirs in connection with US tax withholding matters and succession matters and advises entrepreneurs and businesses in connection with tax-efficient inbound business operations in the US; and represents US persons in connection with domestic (US) estate planning and probate. Ms. Ancheta is the founder and Managing Partner of the firm.
- Represented high and ultra-high net worth private wealth clients in numerous capacities, including tax planning for US investments.
- Represented family offices located outside the US, primarily in Latin America, wealth preservation, tax, trust and estate planning, pre-immigration planning, and the formation and maintenance of trust structures, corporate governance systems and family protocols.
- Represented US citizens and residents living abroad in connection with U.S. income tax compliance and expatriation issues.
- Represented US and foreign financial institutions in connection with U.S. withholding and information reporting issues, including registration with the IRS as a Reporting Model 1 and 2 Foreign Financial Institution (and previously under Chapter 3 Qualified Intermediary Program), as well as compliance with FATCA and reporting of interest paid to non-US depositors.
- Represented individuals participating in the US Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and Streamlined Domestic Offshore Procedure.
- Represented Caja Madrid in the purchase of 83% of the stock of the parent company of City National Bank of Florida, the second oldest bank in Miami, for a purchase price of US$927 million. The deal valued City National Bank of Florida at US$1.1 billion. As Caja Madrid's counsel, we conducted a due diligence review of City National Bank and its affiliates and counseled Caja Madrid on several regulatory and transactional issues. We negotiated the transaction documents on behalf of Caja Madrid and prepared the regulatory applications required to consummate the transaction Tax planning for U.S. investments of non-US persons.
- Represented a Latin American investor group in connection with its US$175 million recapitalization of various Ritz-Carlton hotel and condominium projects throughout the US.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Tax, 2009 through 2012
- Finalist, Top Dealmakers of the Year in the Hotel category, Daily Business Review, April 2011
- Nominated, The "Go Getter" HYPE Miami Award, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, March 2011
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Florida Civil Law Notary (Appointed by FL Secretary of State-Ch. 118, Fla. Stat.)
Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section
Member, Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA)
--Legal & Regulatory Committee, FATCA Task Force Chair
- Member, Dade County Bar Association, Probate & Guardianship Committee
- Member, National Association of Civil Law Notaries (NACLN)
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association, CABA on Cuba Committee
- LL.M.in Taxation, New York University School of Law, 2003 (Graduate Editor, Tax Law Review, 2002-2003)
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2002 (Order of the Coif, Articles & Comments Editor, University of Miami Law Review, Member, Moot Court Board, President, Honor Council 2001-2002)
- B.A., cum laude, Criminology, University of Miami, 1998
Marian Ancheta, P.A.
International Tax Advisors